Narrow Gap Welding - Tandem SAW
Narrow Groove thick section SAW welding is desirable for certain Vessel, Boiler, manufacturing processes. AMET has designed an automated Narrow Groove Tandem SAW Weld Head. Designed for a maximum welding capacity on a groove depth of 350mm. Integral to the process, is a precision tilting drive unit for both lead and trail wire that allows for the programmable, or joystick positioning, of each wire to either sidewall.
Specifications: Read more - Brochure
- Non-conductive torch body for lead and trail torches.
- Maximum Groove Depth – 350mm.
- Head Width 13mm.
- Individual Precision Tandem Torch Tilting.
- Servo Motor Control with Precision gearbox.
- Adjustable range – 3 Degrees Inclusive.
- Precision X-Z weld head motion controls.
- Horizontal stroke – 150mm.
- Vertical stroke – 450mm.
- Precision Servo Controls for automated standoff, and seam tracking controls.
- 2-axis Wire Straighteners.
- Flux Delivery nozzle, hopper, and mounting.
- Flux recovery nozzle assembly.
- Angle setting device for adjustable cross-seam tilt of entire weld head. Adjustable range 3 degrees inclusive.
- Wire Distance setting – adjusting range 30mm.
- Tandem torch aligning device, controls weld head Roll and Yaw.
- Tandem 25Kg Wire Spool Mounting and Conduit.
- Tandem Wire Feeders and adjustable mounting.
- Adjustable Camera mounting arm.
- META Laser Sensor adjustable mounting arm for standoff control and cross seam tracking.